Saturday, October 4, 2008
I am finding twitter to be an excellent marketing tool. Tonight I went through some of the more popular blogs which follow me and checked to see if there were followers of their sites which I might want to follow. I know, it seems indiscriminate, but I think of twitter as a way to announce yourself to the world.
I also took a few minutes to subscribe to all the batman characters on twitter. DC is doing a marketing campaign for the Dark Knight. I found a few other comic book characters mixed in with the batman characters, Superman, Green Lantern, and Tony Stark. The batman characters talk to each other on twitter.
Some of the things which I use twitter for are:
1) Write short haiku or poetry.
2) Post quotes from famous people.
3) Announce what I am reading.
4) Put links to my blog posts.
5) Put links to sites which I find interesting.
6) Discuss which conventions or events I am going to.
7) Subscribe to news services like AP, CNN, or LISNews.
8) Subscribe to publishers of books.
9) Subscribe to publishers of graphic novels.
10) Find new blogs and websites to visit.
11) Send direct messages to sites which I like.
12) The @replies keeps track of who you have talked to.
13) Send private messages about different things.
14) Be entertained by other peoples posts.
15) Find new reading material; books, magazines, and websites
16) I often find many of the people on twitter also have blogs which I follow elsewhere. Cromely on Twitter has a very nice blog. http://cromely.blogspot.com/
17) There is a twitter group on Blogcatalog which I am a member of.