Sunday, March 22, 2009

Daily Thoughts 3/22/2009

Charles Dickens in 1868. From The Leisure Hour 1904.


Daily Thoughts 3/22/2009

I am looking at the 52 books, 52 weeks program where you give people book logs at the beginning of the year and they write down what they read each week. The goal is to get people to read 52 books in 52 weeks. It is a circulation booster and a challenge for people. This is a website with an example for a library with book reviews. Ideallly this starts at the beginning of the year. http://52books.wordpress.com/

I put two books on hold, The Innovator's Dilemma by Clayton M. Christensen and Up The Organization by Robert Townsend. Up The Organization is considered a classic in business writing. It has been in print for over thirty years. Right now, I am reading The Speed of Trust The One Thing That Changes Everything by Stephen M.R. Covey with Rebecca R. Merrill. I was looking Joe Wikert's Publishing 2020 blog and there was a book recommendation, Eat that frog! : 21 great ways to stop procrastinating and get more done in less time / by Brian Tracy. We have two copies at our library; I think it will be something I will add to my reading pile.

I took some time to add https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/dashboard the Google Webmasters Tool to my blog. This allowed me to look at thousands of inbound and outbound links. Great Books Audio has been sending me a lot of people. http://www.greatbooksaudio.com . Even though I have stopped subscribing to Technorati, I am still getting a lot of traffic from that site. Blogcatalog is giving me lots of traffic as well.

Sometimes when you are looking through long lists of links, you find unusual things. Yahoo has a new search service called http://glue.yahoo.com It looks a combination of a clustering search engine and a topical page. I find this kind of interesting. Apparently, my blog is appearing in their beta product repeatedly.

I am also adding Tobias Buckell to my writers section because I have appeared several times in his page as well as Biblios Book Reviews for blogs that I read.

No comments: