Monday, March 23, 2009

Daily Thoughts 3/23/2009

Heyman Dullaert. A trompe l'oeil with plumes in an ink bottle, a letter, a seal stamp, a delft pot and a bottle, arranged upon a wooden shelf. Oil on Panel


Daily Thoughts 3/23/2009

Today was a day for two major projects. The first was picking out the shelving for our slat walls. We are getting a mix of clear acrylic displays and wire mesh displays. I was being very conservative in the amount of display shelving we are going to get initially. We have a little more than 250 books which we have to display now. I am guessing this will increase to 300 books to display fairly soon. I spent time looking through the Demco and Gaylord catalog for furniture.



I also talked about my time on last weeks meeting for Earth Day, April 22, 2009 at City Hall. We were thinking of things which we could do with the cities request. There is the local neighborhood association, the Friends of the the Library, and the Library Foundation which might be able to help a little bit.



Two books came in for me to read today Eat That Frog, 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done In Less Time by Brian Tracy and The Innovators Dilemma by Clayton M. Christensen. I also placed another item on hold, Putting service into library staff training : a patron-centered guide by Bessler, Joanne M. I have never really understood the real meaning of the words "patron centerd library," it seems to be a nebulous buzzword like "core collection" or "lean manufacturing" which can mean a lot of different things to different people.

2 comments:

Forgetful Librarian said...

Eat That Frog...great title. Will you be posting a review here?

Book Calendar said...

Yes, I will be posting a review here.