Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Daily Thoughts 8/4/2009

Photograph of Robert Louis Stevenson, 1880


Daily Thoughts 8/4/2009

I am almost done reading In Search of Excellence. I think I will finish reading it by the end of today. I am looking at another book, Planet Google, One Company's Audacious Plan to Organize Everything We Know by Randall Stross.


Today was another quiet day. I did more weeding in the 700s. We also had a planning meeting for programming for September through December. There should be some interesting programmig coming up; computer classes, a graphic novel book club, library tours, a display for banned books, some poetry classes, and other events. It was a group effort of which I was a small part.

I looked at the suggestion sheet from patrons and added a few books to my order.

On the train home, I finished reading In Search of Excellence. I rather liked the concept that creativity is innovation which has not been implemented. I started reading How You Make The Sale by Frank McNair. The book is on consultative selling or selling by focusing on solving the customers needs or problems. It is a very customer centric approach. I am learning about the idea of "close to the customer".

No comments: