Saturday, December 5, 2009

Daily Thoughts 12/5/2009

Divide and Conquer

Daily Thoughts 12/5/2009

I am reading Daniel Goleman, Social Intelligence. The writing is better than in his first book Emotional Intelligence. The examples he uses are more contemporary and easier to relate to. The grammar and style are much smoother.

Today was a day to do ordering. I looked at a lot of different review sources and websites with books on them. I am about half way through my orders. There is a lot more to do. I have been looking at lots of bestseller lists, the New York Times Graphic Novels Bestseller list, the New York Public Library recommended books page, the recommendation lists on Powell's books, Library Journal online, and a variety of other places.

I went through the list of the 100 Notable Books of the Year for the New York Times to see that we had most of them. I am going to try and fill in the ones which we don't have yet. We have more than half of them. http://www.nytimes.com/gift-guide/holiday-2009/100-notable-books-of-2009-gift-guide/list.html?em


No comments: