Thursday, December 3, 2009

Daily Thoughts 12/3/2009

Mark Twain Photo Portrait c1907



Daily Thoughts 12/3/2009




I thought this article on a Vermont bookstore using the Espresso Book Machine as a device for self publishng was quite interesting. It opens some very novel opportunities.
http://bit.ly/YruvG


I am off today. I went to the local Barnes and Noble and looked around. There was an interesting book, Talking About Detective Fiction by P.D. James which is something which looks like it is worth getting. I also looked around the mall a little bit. It was not that full. Mostly people seemed to be window shopping.


I also watched a bit of Cowboy Bebop the Movie which is subtitled in english from the Japanese.


Right now, I am reading Chris Brogan, Trust Agents which is about how to build transparency and trust using social media tools. I have already found a few suggestions that are useful. I updated my social networks so the message they gave was more consistent.


Going on New York Library Meetup tour for the Center for Fiction on December 8. It should be interesting. http://www.meetup.com/NYLibrarians/


No comments: