Friday, April 12, 2013

Daily Thoughts 04/12/2013

 OSMAN HAMDY BEY (1842-1910), THE SCHOLAR signed and dated OHamdy-Bey 1878 centre left, oil on canvas, 45.5 x 90 cm.

Daily Thoughts 04/12/2013

I have been reading Gulp Adventures on the Alimentary Canal by Mary Roach.  It is fascinatingly gross.  We get to visit a pet food taste lab, learn about olive oil tasting, and get various informational bits on how the alimentary canal works.

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.  I also checked the displays.  We had a management meeting this morning.  I have a copy of the April 1, 2013 Booklist to read. I spent a little time looking at the collection management sheet today as well as checking the 900s.

I read some more of Gulp on the way home.  The author uses lots of gross out humor.  For example, no one has ever been able to eat more than four pounds of fruitcake, astronauts wear activated charcoal in their underwear to prevent the smell of flatulence, and live frogs and worms cannot survive in the digestive tract.


Web Bits

Librarian Lego Minifigure
http://minifigures.lego.com/en-us/Bios/Librarian.aspx

No comments: