Friday, September 26, 2014

Daily Thoughts 09/26/2014

Roger Fry, Still Life Jug and Eggs, 1911

Daily Thoughts 09/26/2014

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.  I also checked the gift books and the displays.  I spent time working in the Job Information Center.

The book, The Marshmallow Test Mastering Self-Control by Walter Mischel came in for me to read.  As always, I have a lot to read.

A colleague and I spent some time talking with a person from Westchester Independent Living about doing job search training in the computer lab.  It was an interesting visit.  Westchester Independent Living also offers disability awareness training.

On the way home I read some more of The Organized Mind by Daniel J. Levitin.  Daniel J. Levitin is writing about making medical decisions.  He argues against alternative medicine.  I find some of the arguments interesting because there is a view that herbs are not clinically tested.  There is an interestng book on herbs called  The handbook of clinically tested herbal remedies by Marion L. Barrett which lists many of the clinical tests on a variety of supplements and herbs. 

Web Bits


How Rural and Suburban Libraries Bridge the Digital Divide
http://www.statetechmagazine.com/article/2014/09/city-vs-country

Neil Gaiman, Amanda Palmer Call On Authors to Supports Indies First Campaign
http://www.bookweb.org/news/neil-gaiman-amanda-palmer-call-authors-support-indies-first-campaign

No comments: