Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Daily Thoughts 09/08/2015

The Gden Reading - Mary Cassatt
The Garden Reading, Mary Cassatt, 1898

Daily Thoughts 09/08/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I checked the gift books and the new books area.  I did a little updating to the display for Latino Americans 500 Years of History and gave some flyers to a visiting librarian to distribute.

I spent some time working on the monthly report and the monthly statistics for August.

I checked out the book, The Innocents Abroad and Roughing It by Mark Twain from the Library of America series.

I read a copy of the New York Times Book Review.

I also spent some time working on the website to add some descriptive content for movies and audio.

I started reading The Innocents Abroad.   It is about Mark Twain taking a cruise on a steamer all over the world.  A lot of what he says would be considered very improper today.  It reminds me a bit of Kurt Vonnegut's work.

Web Bits


Maurice Sendak Sent Beautifully Illustrated Letters to Fans So Beautiful a Kid Ate One
http://www.openculture.com/2015/09/maurice-sendak-sent-beautifully-illustrated-letters-to-fans-so-beautiful-a-kid-ate-one.html

How Much Money Do Libraries Spend on E-Books


Berkeley PL Director Resigns Amid Controversy

Bernard A Barton Jr. Named New Chief Information Officer at Library of Congress


No comments: