Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Daily Thoughts 09/30/2015


Daily Thoughts 09/30/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook today.

I also spent some time checking the displays and the gift books.  I am finalizing the design of the brochure for Latino films.  I picked out some more films to display in the display cases.  I also picked out a few horror books and graphic novels in preparation for a display for Halloween.

I checked out the film Bless Me Ultima to watch.  We are showing it on October 13 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the community room.

I read through several copies of Publishers Weekly, Booklist, Library Journal, and the latest copy of the October Baker and Taylor Forecast.  I placed a hold on Part of Our Lives:  A People's History of the American Public Library by Wayne A. Wiegand.   I also placed a hold on Windfall: The Booming Business of Global Warming by McKenzie Funk.  It is about how people make money off of disaster.

I spent some time discussing programming and scheduling with colleagues.

I helped

Web Bits


Publishers Tracking Trends in Educational Space

Libraries and The Abiding Love for Printed Books
From India

Patrons Split On How Fast Libraries Should Move Into the Digital Age

No comments: