Thursday, October 1, 2015

Daily Thoughts 10/01/2015


Constance Puyo, 1897, Sommeil

Daily Thoughts 10/01/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I also checked the gift books and the displays.

I spent some time going through several more review magazines, New York Review of Books, Times Literary Supplement, and New York Times Book Review.  I also put the latest issue of Bookpage for October out for the patrons.  I put the book, Waste Free Kitchen Handbook: A Guide to Eating Well and Saving Money by Wasting Less Food by Dana Gunder on hold.

I spent a little time working on the brochure and a bit of time working on the Latino Americans 500 Years of History Grant.

I worked a little bit on an order of new books.  I checked the patron requests at the reference desk.

On the way home, I read some of I am Malala.  It is a biography of a young woman who was shot by the Taliban because she supported educating girls.   It is the book which our book club requested to read.  I find parts of it challenging to read.

Web Bits

Public Wants Libraries to Advance Education, Improve Digital Literacy and Serve Key Groups
http://www.pewinternet.org/2015/09/15/libraries-at-the-crossroads/2015-09-15_libraries_0-01/


Inside Chinguetti, The Saharan Desert City of Libraries

Can Anyone Save the Library of Congress?

Dark Horse Comics Comes to Hoopla  Digital

No comments: