Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Daily Thoughts 10/07/2015



Oscar Levertin, Carl Larsson, 1906

Daily Thoughts 10/07/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook today.  We have our first draft for the Latin American films collection.  This is part of the Latino Americans 500 Years of History Grant.  http://www.mountvernonpubliclibrary.org/sites/default/files/PDFs/MVPLHispanicFilmBrochure2015.pdf

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.  I also printed up a few more flyers.  People seem interested in the book club for I am Malala.

On the way to work, I read some more of Windfall.  I am reading about how Royal Dutch Shell has acknowledged the problem of global warming, but is still investing heavily in drilling for oil in the Arctic.

I am interviewing a clerk this afternoon with a colleague.

We are planning some resource guides for the library.

A colleague took some pictures of the display for Latino Americans 500 Years of History.

The book, Curiosity by Alberto Manguel came in for me to read.

Web Bits


The Next Librarian of Congress Should Be An Actual Librarian

Why Are Libraries Still Banning Books?


No comments: