Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Daily Thoughts 10/27/2015

Philosophia (personification of philosophy) - Albrecht Durer
Philosophia (Personification of Philosophy) by Albrecht Durer

Daily Thoughts 10/27/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I also checked the gifts and the displays this morning.


The crochet class was today from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m..  We are planning other crafts programs like beading because people are interested in crafting type programs.


I ordered a few board games: mahjong, backgammon, and boggle for a planned adult board games night.  I am also thinking about doing a word games night focused on Scrabble.


We are also printing up some batches of bookmarks.  I worked on a bookmark with a list of African American novelists.

I have a copy of the New York Times Book Review to read.  I also checked out the book, Mindware Tools for Smart Thinking by Richard E. Nesbitt.

On the way home, I read some more of Good Profit.  Charles G. Koch argues that continuous improvement is not enough in the business world to succeed.  The next step in the process is encouraging continuous creative destrcution inside a company focusing on innovation and breakthroughs.  This would create an incredibly competitive environment.

I also started reading Mindware.  It is a book about how to improve decision making using methods from statistics, psychology, science, and philosophy.

Web Bits



What Google Books Victory Means for Readers—Is the Universal Library Finally Within Reach




Library of Congress Acquires Portfolio of 681 Photos of US Public Libraries





No comments: