Friday, October 23, 2015

Daily Thoughts 10/23/2015

China Asters, Hat and Book - Paul Gauguin
China Asters, Hat, and Book, Paul Gaugin, 1876

Daily Thoughts 10/23/2015 

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.

I read some more of Ancillary Mercy.  It is the third book in a series.  I like some of the background elements.  The characters drink a lot of tea.  There are gardens and proper etiquette is important.  The setting is part of a several thousand year old empire.  The background details and world building are done right.

I checked the displays and the gift books.  I finished working on a bookmark with a list of Amish Romance Writers and printed a few more of the Popular African American Authors of Mystery, Crime, Thrillers, and Suspense bookmarks.

I read a copy of the latest Times Literary Supplement.

I also spent some time looking at the local newspapers for articles about the library.

They are putting in some new equipment in the computer lab.

I checked out the book, The Shepherd's Crown by Terry Pratchett.

I started reading Waste Free Kitchen Handbook A Guide to Eating Well and Saving Money By Wasting Less Food by Dana Gunders.  This book opens by describing how much food people waste in the United States as consumers.  It also describes how portion size has been steadily increasing as well affecting both our budget and our health.

Web Bits


White Plains Library Foundation Receives Major Gift

Reinventing the Library


No comments: