Friday, October 9, 2015

Daily Thoughts 10/09/2015


Daily Thoughts 10/09/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Windfall on the way to work.  It is pretty interesting.  I read about how Greenland is planning to become independent from Denmark using resources uncovered from the melting ice including water, oil, and minerals.  Right now I am reading about how water is becoming a commodity in relation to droughts in California and Nevada.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.  There was a donation new mystery paperbacks today. 

I also distributed a few more flyers around the library.  Today we have the Latino Americans 500 Years of History Lecture on Latino Films and Popular Culture from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in the community room. 
The lecture was interesting.  Paula Halperin discussed stereotypes of Latino Americans in popular United States films focusing on Hollywood.  There was some discussion of Rita Moreno and West Side Story as well as Carmen Miranda in That Night in Rio.
I also have been signing up people for a Memoir Writing Workshop starting on Saturday, October 17, 2015 from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
I checked out the book, The Master Algorithm How the Quest for The Ultimate Learning Machine Will Remake Our World by Pedro Domingos.



Web Bits


Project Apollo Archive

The Clandestine Adventures of Alice in Saudi Land
http://narrative.ly/stories/the-clandestine-adventures-of-alice-in-saudi-land/

No comments: