Friday, October 2, 2015

Daily Thoughts 10/02/2015

File:Constant Puyo - La veillée 1895.jpg
Constance Puyo, La Veillee, 1895

Daily Thoughts  10/02/2015

I read a little bit more of I Am Malala on the train to work.  She grew up in schools in Pakistan which her father ran.

We had a Collection Development Policy meeting this morning.  We discussed weeding policy.
There was also a supervisory meeting where we discussed on call staff.

I spent some time printing up flyers and posting to Facebook and Twitter.  I also posted a few events for the Latino Americans 500 Years of History Grant.  The Latino films brochure is ready to be printed up on Monday and posted as a PDF to the website.

I also checked the displays and the gift books.

I looked through a copy of The New York Review of Books.  I placed a hold on the book, Curiosity by Alberto Manguel.

I am looking at the book, The League of Regrettable Superheroes by Jon Morris which is a guide to poorly created superheroes like Funnyman, Invisible Scarlet O'neil, The Eye, Fatman!, Speed Centaur, and Bozo the Iron Man.  It is fun to read the ridiculous comic strips and descriptions that go with each superhero or superheroine.

Web Bits

Banned Books Week: The Origin
http://archives.library.illinois.edu/ala/banned-books-week/

OCLC Prints Last Library Catalog Cards
https://www.oclc.org/en-US/news/releases/2015/201529dublin.html

No comments: