Thursday, October 8, 2015

Daily Thoughts 10/8/2015

Musa reading a volumen (scroll)-cropped-2.png
Musa reading a volumen (scroll). Attic red-figure lekythos, ca. 435-425 BC. From Boeotia.

Daily Thoughts 10/08/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Misbehaving as well as Windfall.  These books point out two ways that people invest in commerce that don't follow the traditional market patterns.  They show how people often take advantage of disastrous behavior to make money and seek opportunities where other people don't look.  If you look at alternative energy it is often marketed as a cleaner, safer option while oil, gas and other nonrenewables are looked at as disasters.

I checked the displays and the gift books.  We have a display of horror books, graphic novels, and movies for Halloween.

I also posted a few pictures of the displays for the Latino Americans 500 Years of History to Facebook.  I posted about a Memoir Writing Workshop which is starting on Saturday, October 17 from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.

I wrote my monthly report and gathered the monthly statistics.

There is a Beginning Microsoft Excel 2013 class tonight.

I spent some time looking at a new website with our computer technician.  I compared some of the things which are in our website with New Rochelle Public Library, Yonkers Public Library, White Plains Public Library, and Bronxville Public Library.


Web Bits


Amazon in the Process of Opening a Retail Store

 

No comments: