Saturday, October 3, 2015

Daily Thoughts 10/03/2015

File:Interior-benson-greyroom.jpg
The Grey Room, F W Benson, 1913

Daily Thoughts 10/03/2015

I read some more of I am Malala this morning.  It describes how the Taliban took over a valley in Pakistan, first stopping all music, then all movies, and then forcing schools to be shut down for girls.  It is a story of how one view of the world attempts to remove all others.  It is about how fundamentalism interacts with more open views of the world.  I am finding it quite interesting.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.  I also spent some time checking the Twitter and Facebook for the library. I posted another event for the Latino Americans 500 Years of History.

I spent some time looking at how the databases were arranged on the website.  I also pulled out some of my old bookmarks as well as took a look through some of the Bookletters lists on the website.

There is a play today in the community room from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 pm., All I Need to Know About Life I Learned on the Radio with Kacey Morabito-Grean.

I checked the New York Times Bestseller List and the Publishers Weekly Bestseller list for my order of new books at the beginning of the week.

I finished reading I am Malala tonight on the way home.  The descriptions of the shooting and the surgery of Malala Yousafzai were quite sad.  This reminds us of how important education is for everyone.

Web Bits


Chicago is Turning Its Train System Into A Moving Library

Beyond Walls: Libraries and Incarcerated Youth


No comments: