Thursday, October 22, 2015

Daily Thoughts 10/22/2015

Young woman reading a letter at night while another sleeps behind a mosquito net (5759421730).jpg
Young woman reading a letter at night while another sleeps behind a mosquito net, 1768-1770, Suzuki Harunobu

Daily Thoughts 10/22/2015

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.

I also checked the gift books and the displays this morning.

I spent a little time working on an update to the Hispanic film brochure.

We had the book club today.  We discussed the book I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai.  We are going to discuss the book, If Someone Says "You Complete Me," RUN!: Whoopi's Big Book of Relationships by Whoopi Goldberg next.  

I finished reading A Knight of Seven  The Kingdoms by George R.R. Martin.  I liked the illustrations by Gary Gianni.  Gary Gianni illustrated the comic strip Prince Valiant.  They added a nice touch to the story.

The story has plenty of action and intrigue to it.  There is also some chivalry, a bit on heraldry, and some well done fight scenes in the story.  The novel is very fast paced, quick reading.

I also started reading, Ancillary Mercy by Ann Leckie which is science fiction.

I am in the computer lab today.

Web Bits

New Research Highlights Libraries Expanded Roles
http://www.ala.org/news/press-releases/2015/10/new-research-highlights-libraries-expanded-roles


No comments: