Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Daily Thoughts 03/20/2018

File:Juan de Echevarría - Vase with Bananas, Lemons and Books - Google Art Project.jpg
Vase With Bananas Lemons and Books, Juan De Echevarria, 1917

Daily Thoughts 03/20/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I finished reading Words That Work: It's Not What You Say, It's What People Hear by Dr. Frank Luntz.  I enjoyed reading about words that have significance to Americans.  The book has a very upbeat tone to it.  It is very future oriented.  I don't agree with a lot of its content.  Dr.  Frank Luntz is a pollster and consultant for Republican candidates.  There is a lot about how to choose the right words and why specific words are better than others in political terms.

I checked the displays and the gift books.   I also used the weeding tablet to check for items that are not in the system.  I spent some time looking over the oversize cookbook section.

I put in some orders for new books.

I worked a little bit on a mini-grant from the Westchester Library System.

I am looking at the Great American Read Grant.
https://apply.ala.org/greatamericanread/guidelines

Web Bits


Library Hosts 12 Hour Knitathon

Renovation Creating A New Home for Yale Library's Digital Humanities Lab

No comments: