Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Daily Thoughts 07/17/2018

File:Frans Verhas - Reading in the living room.JPG
Frans Verhas-- Reading in the Living Room, between 1850 and 1894

Daily Thoughts 07/17/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read a copy of the New York Times on the way to work today.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

Right now, I am in the computer lab.

I spent some time discussing a variety of projects.  I spoke to a gentleman who came by to discuss some signage for the library.

I am working on an order of DVDs from the purchase alert list which is items that are on hold.

I read Binti Home by Nnedi Okorafor.  It is the second book in the Binti series which can be described as afrofuturism.  I very much enjoyed the style of science fiction in this book.  The setting is different than most science fiction I have read.  I like the references to mathematics, art, and meditation in this book.  Also, the alien Okwu are well done.  This is an excellent series which I hope to finish soon.

No comments: