Thursday, July 26, 2018

Daily Thoughts 07/26/2018


Okumura Masanobu, A Willing Letter Writer, 1732

Daily Thoughts 07/26/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I finished reading Reinventing Capitalism In the Age of Big Data by Victor Mayer-Schonberger and Thomas Ramge.  The last part focuses on solutions around work and taxes.  There are descriptions of a human capital tax and robot tax which are intriguing.

The book, The Soviet Space Program First Steps 1941-1953 by Eberhard Rodel came in for to read.  I had requested a copy from Schiffer Publishing while I was at Book Expo America.

I put in some orders for material.

I checked the gift books and the displays today.

I spent some time discussing programming.

We printed up several batches of flyers.

There is a Beginning Microsoft Publisher 2013 program today.

I read Sergio Aragones Groo Play of the Gods.  Groo is one of my favorite comics.  Sergio Aragones wrote for mad magazine.  Groo is a humorous comic.

I checked out the book, Harvard Business Review's 10 Must Reads On Mental Toughness which is a collection of articles from the Harvard Business Review.

One of the people who works for my department is planning on taking a class to administer ESL tests so they can be placed with tutors.

Web Bits


Library of Congress Tees Up Strategic Changes


No comments: