Friday, July 20, 2018

Daily Thoughts 07/20/2018

File:Reading by Yamashita Shintaro (Bridgestone Art Museum).jpg
Reading, by Yamashita Shintaro, Bridgestone Art Museum, Tokyo, Japan, 1908

Daily Thoughts 07/20/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Trekonomics this morning.  One of the ideas is that the replicator in Star Trek makes abundance possible.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I am working on getting additional computer classes.

I spent some time looking at the different people available for adult programs in Westchester.

I also wrote a list of programs for October 2018.

I looked through the Diamond Comic Distributor bestselling graphic novels list, the New York Times Bestseller list and the Publishers Weekly bestseller list.

I read some more of Trekonomics on the way home.  There is a story about how people are driven by status and social standing up the ladder of success in Star Trek.  There is some commentary on the Ferengi in the book which I like.

Web Bits


Tor Scales Back Library E-Book Lending As Part of a Test

Friday Thoughts:  The Library of Congress Can’t Do This Without You


No comments: