Friday, July 27, 2018

Daily Thoughts 07/27/2018


Salvator Mundi, Correggio, 1515

Daily Thoughts 07/27/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some of The Soviet Program First Steps 1941-1953.  I am reading about how the Russians acquired rocket technology from the nazis, specifically the A-4 rocket.  There is also some material on Mittelwerk, the secret slave factory which was used to build rockets for the nazis.

I read the first article in On Mental Toughness, How The Best of the Best Get Better and Better by Graham Jones.  It is about how athletes become better and better performers and often use this performance capacity in business.

I spent a little time looking at signage.

I also checked the gift books and the displays.

I spoke to a representative from Rainbow Books today.  I asked them to come up titles that are popular and not part of Baker and Taylor, Ingram, or Brodart.

I read a copy of The New York Review of Books today.

I checked the New York Times Bestseller list and the Publishers Weekly bestseller list.

Web Bits


Why Libraries Are An Economic Lifeline for Millions of Americans

No comments: