Monday, February 25, 2008

Evening Thoughts

I really didn't get a chance to read much today. Today was another busy day. I thought I would have a chance to look at the magazine section for a few minutes, but things caught up with me quickly. I'll probably take a few minutes to look at the periodicals section tomorrow.

I ordered a thousand dollars worth of Job Information Center books, mostly career oriented books, Opportunities In Nursing, Opportunities in Carpentry, and similar titles. I also ordered a variety of start your own business, business planning, and franchise type books. Franchise books are in demand. 80% of franchises succeed unlike most new businesses.

I spent a bunch of time putting in looseleafs for the law collection in addition to my usual three hours a day of helping people at the reference desk. I also checked the email reference for questions by email. There were a few questions yesterday, but not today. It was quite busy. They are also checking over everything which we are ordering lately and having us sign off on our orders. Every last cent is being checked.

On the way home on the train, I took a look at Stardust. There is a free coupon in the back of the paperback for a smll popcorn if you went to see the film in a theater. This is the first time I have seen a publisher do this. I am number 119 on the waiting list for Stardust, the film.

I am planning on showing another film, Casablanca with Humphrey Bogart. Everyone recognizes the line "Play It Again Sam." I am also thinking of which three oscar films would be interesting to show in a public library. I haven't decided yet.

I have ten books on reserve at work and none of them came in to read today. It is a slight disappointment. Something will come in tomorrow.

It is hard to get yourself going so you can write something every single day. Sometimes, you just have to start writing. I didn't know what to expect today.

No comments: