Saturday, February 16, 2008

Thoughts for Today

I went to the library today and dropped off a book. I really didn't stay like I usually do. Then I went to my local produce store and bought some watermelon and grapes. It was very nice out, cool and crisp. When I got back I wrote the essay on Deep Economy.

Last night I watched Duck Soup starring Grouch Marx. I have always liked Harpo Marx the most. I especially like his scissors. It is part of our 100 Essential Films collection. It was a nice break from blogs and reading.

I was invited to join http://www.bloggeries.com a couple days ago. It is a blog forum which reviews and comments on blogs. The title and logo make more sense than most traffic generating sites. Before I could ask for a blog review, I had to make ten comments on the forum. I did this dutifully.

All of the sites have some kind of gimmick you have to do. I'm glad it wasn't to put anything on my site. I requested a review of my site then. On Bloggeries suggestion, I stretched the banner out on top of my blog and changed the color of the words "Book Calendar."

There seem to be a million of these things available now. I was also invited to join Bloggers Showroom but I declined because I had to add a widget to my site. I already have too many widgets on my site. Every so often, I go through and erase widgets.

Every day, I get invited to join something new, the names are all very odd, Spott, Quasia, Squidoo, and various other things. Most of the names are nonsense words. Somehow, these things are supposed to increase my blog traffic. It is already almost too much to keep track of all the different traffic widgets on my site.

4 comments:

Chris Beanie said...

Come take a look, all free

http://beanieville.blogspot.com

Do you own stocks (or know anyone who does)? Find out where it's headed now! All free, and delivered instantly to your email! Click here now:
http://tinyurl.com/3yrd2d

Let us inspire you!

Book Calendar said...

Ha, ha, ha, of course I own stocks, but I would never trust a blog to tell me what to do about them which advertised like this. This is funny.

Hello splog.

Anonymous said...

Considering all those widgets, your site loads pretty fast, but you might look at this:

http://webdesign.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ/Ya&sdn=webdesign&cdn=compute&tm=17&gps=86_1022_1020_573&f=20&tt=14&bt=0&bts=1&zu=http%3A//www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/

Book Calendar said...

Thanks for the optimization suggestion. I tried it out and will consider some of the suggestions. Unfortunately, I don't know CSS. I wish I did, I'd be able to do quite a bit more with my site.