Friday, February 22, 2008

Thoughts for the Day

I am reading The Wood Wife by Terri Windling. I rather like the design of the book. It is printed on acid free paper. I wish they wrote down the bond of the paper and the typeface. I very much like the cover design.

I checked back at Spiderweb Software where I had originally started the thread, What Have You Been Reading Lately? For a while there were no posts. The total post count at end was 667 posts. This blog was partially related to that thread.

They have a new thread on What Have You Been Reading Recently? I am revealing my fanboyish tendencies. I rather like computer games sometimes, especially independent computer games. It brings out a childish side to me. Everyone has got a little bit of one somewhere.

I actually regularly check up on what new independent computer gamres are coming out, http://www.indiegamer.com I don't much care for most of the larger commercial game outfits, they tend to be too violent, not requre much thinking, and are full of an excessive amount of stereotypes.

It is snowing outside and cold. There is a lot of slush on the roads. Tonight, there should be freezing rains turning the roads into smooth black strips of ice.

No comments: