Friday, January 29, 2010

Daily Thoughts 1/29/2010

There is nothing like a Good B... Digital ID: 70344. New York Public Library

There is nothing like a good book. Life Cartoons 1905.

Daily thoughts 1/29/2010

A very nice review of the Apple Ipad. It looks promising. I am not an early adopter. Maybe in a while the price will go down. http://blogs.semantico.com/discovery-blog/2010/01/what-apple%e2%80%99s-ipad-and-ibookstore-mean-for-publishers/

I walked up to my local library and picked up two paperbacks. I am attempting to read Ender In Exile by Orson Scott Card, but for some reason, I just cannot get into it. I know it will be a book that many other people will love to read. I have read the first thirty pages, but find myself wanting to read something else. It is on the Locus Paperback Bestseller list. It is well written, but I think I will probably read the other book instead. I will probably purchase the book for our library. The other book which I picked up is Star Trek Mirror Mirror Universe The Sorrows of Empire by David Mack. Hopefully, it will be entertaining.

The book is rather enjoyable. Over a period of many years, Spock seizes control of the evil empire. It is a story of intrigue, murder, and power in alternate Star Trek universe. Right now, in my reading Spock has become emperor. He is affected by his vision of an alternate Kirk. David Mack is the author. The book is different from most of the other Star Trek novels in that it is on a grand scale over a long period of time. Also, the members of the Starship Enterprise are all villains which is rather refreshing.


No comments: