Friday, June 18, 2010

Daily Thoughts 6/18/2010

(personnelle) sur la littérature à partir d'images disponibles sur Wikipedia (domaine public ou libres de droits)


Daily Thoughts 6/18/2010

Today has been a quiet day, more relaxing than most. There are a lot less carts on the floor now, because a lot of the shifting has been finished in the storage area. I am contemplating weeding the oversize dewey 300s. I will have to work with the government documents librarian because many of them are government documents. Depository libraries have to get special permission to weed documents.



I am also contemplating creating a bookmark for chick lit books. This would be a new genre for me to explore. It is becoming quite popular. Meg Cabot and Lauren Weisberger are two prominent authors in the genre.



Next week, the adult summer reading program goes up on the website.


On the way home, I started reading Ice Station by Matthew J. Reilly. It is an utterly silly book. The book is reading for my Readers Advisory 101 class online. The premise is preposterous; the French and the United States are fighting over an alien artifact found under the ice in the antarctic. The story seems put together to describe French special forces versus American special forces soldiers in an exotic setting. It is pure escapism.


I have joined the NYLA New Members Roundtable email discussion list as well as the NYLA RASS Reference and Adult Services SEction email discussion list as my first steps into NYLA.



No comments: