Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Daily Thoughts 2/1/2011 (Content Strategy, Power)

Дача Чехова (експозиція4), An Image Inside Anton Chekhov's Cottage.




Daily Thoughts 2/1/2011

Today has been another quiet steady day.  I got some of the graphic novels for the Graphic Novels Club.  I am on vacation then.  I also made arrangements for the Womens Enterprise Development Center on February 15.  I am going on vacation for part of the week.

I did a little more work towards a grant for electronic devices.  On friday, we are having the seniors visit from the Armory.  I like to do a small amount every day on a variety of things from weeding to checking on programs.

I am going to reread Kristina Halverson's book Content Strategy for the Web.  I don't think I understood enough the first time I read through the book.  I think I can understand it a little better the second time I am reading the book.  It is the kind of book which is hard to understand on the first read.

I also read a little bit more of the book Power.  It gives some excellent feedback on why performance is not necessarily tied in with success in ones career. There are a lot of other factors that I need to learn more about.  It even describes how being excellent at what you do can be detrimental to your future.


Web Bits

February 5 is Save Our Libraries Day http://www.cilip.org.uk/get-involved/advocacy/public-libraries/Pages/savelibrariesday.aspx

Planet App: Kids Book Apps Are Everywhere:
http://www.schoollibraryjournal.com/slj/home/888450-312/planet_app_kids_book_apps.html.csp

The Perils of Literary Profiling from the Sunday New York Times
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/30/books/review/Nicholson-t.html?_r=1&pagewanted=1

No comments: