Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Daily Thoughts 2/8/2011 (content management bible, open secrets)

Der elegante Leser, Georg Friedrich Kersting, 1812, Oil On Canvas

Daily Thoughts 2/8/2011

Today has been rather quiet. Today, I checked the displays in the morning and did a little checking on inventory.  I also worked for a little bit on a technology grant and spent some time looking at the new library Twitter account. It is growing slowly and steadily.  I also did a little more weeding of the 800s in the storage area.

I read some of the New York Times Book Review and Kirkus Reviews.  I put the book The Physics of the Future How Science Will Change Civilization and Daily Life by the Year 2100 by Michio Kaku on hold.  Another book that caught my interest is Open Secrets Wikileaks, War and American Diplomacy by the New York Times  http://www.nytimes.com/opensecrets/ .  It is appropriate that it is released as an ebook.

I read some more of The Content Management Bible on the way home. It is describing the process of how you choose to put content into large databases. It is itneresting to read about.

No comments: