Saturday, February 19, 2011

Daily Thoughts 2/19/2011 (ebooks, poetry, the world in 2050)

Mikiri no fuji, Print shows a man writing in calligraphy on a large box in front of a building; on the left, in the background, is a view of Mount Fuji.  Date Created/Published: [ca. 1836]

Date 2/19/2011

I have been reading more of The World In 2050.  Laurence C. Smith is describing how the ice melt in the Arctic ocean will open up shipping, mining, and new resources around the arctic.  He is also describing how the United States, Finland, Norway, Sweden, and Russia are going to be able to use the changes.  It was interesting looking at a picture of a potato farm in Greenland.

Article about Poetry Networking Workshop which was held at my library in the Mount Vernon Inquirer. http://www.mvinquirer.com/poetry_networking_workshop.htm

I put the ebooks, The Bed of Procrustes Philosophical and Practical Aphorisms by Nassim Nicholas Taleb and The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest by Stieg Larsson on hold.  They will notify me by email when I can download them to my computer.  I also found out that there was an enhanced ebook of Life by Keith Richards which was available to check out.

Web Bits

TED Launches Quora Like Platform for Intelligent Discussion
http://mashable.com/2011/02/16/ted-conversations/

No comments: