Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Daily Thoughts 2/23/2011 (taxonomy)

"Aufmerksame Lectüre", rückseitig alt betitelt und bezeichnet, signiert A. J. Franke, Öl auf Holz, 24 x 18 cm by 1924

Daily Thoughts 2/23/2011

Today has been another quiet steady day.  I spent some time checking the displays this morning.  I also planned out my events for the next two months.  This afternoon, I spent some time working on the technology grant.

This evening, I am goint to the Taxonomy Meetup.  I am looking forward to learning something new.  It was quite enjoyable.  We went to Butterfield 8 which is in midtown Manhattan.  I learned a little bit.  There is a tie between taxonomy and content strategy.  The taxonomy division of the Special Library Association was just started last year.  It is relatively new in the library field.  In a similar manner, content strategy has just started to grow.  I found this kind of interesting.

I'll write a little more about this tomorrow.


No comments: