Friday, January 6, 2012

Daily Thoughts 01/06/2012



Daily Thoughts 01/06/2012

I spent some more time getting used to the Kindle this morning.  I downloaded a few games for the Kindle.  There are some lightweight apps available to the Kindle Touch.  It also includes an experimental internet browser, MP3 player, and Audiobook player built into the Kindle.  I also tried logging into the Overdrive catalog directly from the Kindle and found it quite difficult.  I might have to sync the library books from the Kindle for PC program in order to get library ebooks. 

I also spent some time playing with the Wifi at a small cafe in our neighborhood.  It was interesting.  In order to use Kindle you have to open an account with Amazon which includes credit card information.  I checked for free ebooks in the Kindle store.  There are over 45,000 of them.  Some of them are quite current.  There is a lot of erotica in the free ebooks.  I downloaded 30 free ebooks to my Kindle.

Right now, I am sitting in my local branch library on their computer.

I am at home, I just finished synching my home computer with my Kindle.  I now have 35 books on my home computer and 35 books on my Kindle.  The Kindle also has two games on it.  A few of the titles are Endgame The End of the Debt Supercycle and How It Changes Everything by John Mauldin and Jonathan Tepper and Saving For Retirement Without Living Like A Pauper or Winning the Lottery by Gail Marks Jarvis.

I went to Barnes and Noble and picked up the book, The Nook Book An Unoffical Guide, Second Edition by Patrick Kanouse.

No comments: