Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Daily Thoughts 01/01/2013

New Year's Day postcard. Reads: "A New Year's Resolution / Jan. 1st / To Gossip, Slang and Cuss words / I'll bid a last "Adieu" / And place a bridle on my tongue / And thoughtless actions, too!"

Daily Thoughts 01/01/2013

Happy New Year to everyone who reads this blog.

This morning, I read some more of Management Basics for Information Professionals.  I am reading about Managing and Planning Physical Facilities for Information Services.  There were a few ideas that were useful.  There was a reminder to not block the exits of a building.  There was also a statement that water damage is the most common type of damage to library facilities during disasters.

I also read some of How to Create A Mind by Ray Kurzweil.  It is about artificial intelligence.

I finished reading Management Basics for Information Professionals.  The last parts are on career development and the future of libraries.  I am glad that I read the book.  It was useful as an overview.

 Web Bits

Do We Still need Libraries?  Libraris are For Gathering and For Solitude.
http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2012/12/27/do-we-still-need-libraries/libraries-are-for-gathering-and-for-solitude

No comments: