Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Daily Thoughts 07/09/2013

Blossoming Almond Branch In a Glass With a Book, Vincent Van Gogh, 1888

Daily Thoughts 07/09/2013

I had a nice vacation from July 3 through July 8, 2013.  I decided to take a break from the library world.  I mostly did not check my email, look at Facebook, or do library related things.  I did do a little reading.  Right now, I am reading Who Owns the Future by Jaron Lanier which touches on many things which interest me from automation to how information is distributed and what will happen to the middle class in the future.  I always like Jaron Lanier's writing because he is a unique person.

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.  I also spent some time looking over the displays.  I added a few display stands, helped arrange for a new shelf for the urban fiction, and made sure the displays were up to date.  I also like that the old fiction room is being reopened.  It will be a nice, quiet place for people to read and study.

I checked the gift books and picked up my reading.  I have a number of magazines to read like the New York Times Book Review, Times Literary Supplement, and Publishers Weekly.  I also spent some time checking the latest bestseller lists today.  I try and keep up with the  latest adult fiction and nonfiction bestsellers.

No comments: