Thursday, July 25, 2013

Daily Thoughts 07/25/2013

Marc Trapadoux is Examining the Book of Prints, Gustave Courbet, 1848

Daily Thoughts 07/25/2013

This morning, I read some more of When The Money Runs Out.  I am learning different approaches to solving financial crises.  The viewpoint is different than I am used to.  It is from an accounting and financial perspective.  Most of the time, I get the view from a purely political view.  This makes it quite interesting.  I especially like his description of how when an economy is growing, it benefits everyone, when an economy is stagnant, people start fighting to see who gets what piece of the pie, and when an economy is shrinking people start going to extremes.  There is also quite a bit about the concept of trust in government, trust in politics, and trust in financial institutions and how it affects peoples standards of living.  It gave me some understanding of things I didn't realize before.

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.  I also checked the gift books and the displays.  I printed some new schedules for the computer classes. We have two computer classes tonight, a Microsoft Excel class and a Microsoft Powerpoint class.

I also took a walk to the Armory which is the local senior citizens center and dropped off some flyers. I talked to a person about Novelist for adults this morning as well.  I have to spend some time looking for book club resources that are free.  One that seems to stand out is Book Club Girl.
http://www.bookclubgirl.com/book_club_girl/american_library_association/

Web Bits

September is National Library Card Sign Up Month
http://www.ala.org/conferencesevents/celebrationweeks/card

7 Reasons to Rediscover Your Public Library
http://www.moneytalksnews.com/2013/07/24/7-reasons-to-revisit-the-library/



No comments: