Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Daily Thoughts 07/30/2013

The Misses Vickers, John Singer Sargent, 1884

Daily Thoughts 07/30/2013

I read a bit of Anno Dracula: Johnny Alucard on the way to work.  I rather like that the story starts with a film of Dracula set in Transylvania.

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.  There is a new exhibit in the Rotunda Gallery from the Mount Vernon Arts and Culture council of photographs from around Mount Vernon, New York.

I also checked the displays and the gift books.  There is a new person who is going to cover the computer lab.  I spent some time with a colleague showing them the lab.  I also did a little weeding this morning.

I have a copy of Booklist, Publishers Weekly, and the New York Times Book Review to read today.

Web Bits 

ALA IMLS Detail Affordable Care Act Resources for Library Staff
http://www.ala.org/news/press-releases/2013/07/ala-imls-detail-affordable-care-act-resources-library-staff

No comments: