Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Daily Thoughts 07/17/2013

The Writer, Carl Spitzweig, 1880

Daily Thoughts 07/17/2013

This morning, I read some more of Burning the Page on the way to work.  I am reading an advanced reading copy which I got from Book Expo America.  The book is due out in August of 2013.  I am enjoying a lot of the anecdotes and personal reminiscences throughout the book.  I like that the idea of the modern bookstore comes from Rome where people would commission works from scribes.

This morning, I checked the Facebook and Twitter account for the library.  I am going to spend a little time next week with the staff discussing Twitter for teen programs.  I also checked the displays and the gift books.

I am going to be in the computer lab today from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Stan Lee has a new book out called How to Draw Superheroes.  It is his third book.  Joe Lansdale has a new graphic novel coming out called Deadman's Road which is western horror themed story.

I placed the book Romulus Buckle and the City of Founders by Richard Ellis Preston on hold.  I also spent some time reading through Kirkus Reviews online.  I also took a quick look through the Romantic Times Book Review top pick, and the Locus Magazine Science Fiction Bestseller List.

Web Bits

Why Librarians Are Needed More Than Ever in the 21st Century
http://boingboing.net/2013/07/16/why-librarians-are-needed-more.html

Prescription For Finding Healthcare Information
http://www.americanlibrariesmagazine.org/blog/prescription-finding-healthcare-information

Paperless Public Libraries Switch to Digital
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22160990

No comments: