Friday, October 11, 2013

Daily Thoughts 10/11/2013

Reading, 1919, Nicolae Vermont

Daily Thoughts 10/11/2013

On the way to work, I read some of Thomas Pynchon's Bleeding Edge. I like that the main character is a fraud investigator with a somewhat shady background, it gives the story a bit of character.

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library. I also checked the new books.

Soon, I am going to start working on bringing up some of the fiction books from the mezzanine. Our fiction room has been reopened to the public.

We have the computer lab today from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.. Hopefully, I should also have a chance to work on making sure some of the latest planned programming is listed.

I am as always looking forward to the Book and Bake Sale from the Friends of the Mount Vernon Public Library on November 8 and November 9.

Web Bits

Shutdown Rundown: How the Federal Shutdown Impacts Researchers So Far

http://lj.libraryjournal.com/2013/10/academic-libraries/shutdown-rundown-how-the-federal-shutdown-impacts-researchers-so-far/

No comments: