Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Daily Thoughts 10/9/2013

North South, Joan Miro, 1917

Daily Thoughts 10/9/2013

I read a bit more of The Innovators Dilemma on the way to work. It provides an interesting perspective on how to introduce innovation into a company. It has been worth reading. The book, Bleeding Edge by Thomas Pynchon came in for me to read. I also checked out The Outer Limits of Reason What Science, Mathematics and Logic Cannot Tell Us by Noson S. Yanofsky. I sometimes enjoy reading books for knowledge that has no apparent every day use.

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.

I spent a little more time weeding in the oversize books and checked the displays as well.

I also wrote a short report on Septembers activities and compiled attendance statistics for the computer classes and the computer lab.

There is an author program tonight; Henry A. May is doing a presentation from his book, First Black Autos, The Charles Richard, C.R. Patterson & Sons Company from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. There is a slideshow which goes with the presentation. http://stalwartpublications.homestead.com/

It has been a fairly busy day.

Web Bits

Younger Americans Reading Habits Still Anchored in the Book: Pew

http://atyourlibrary.org/younger-americans-reading-habits-still-anchored-book-pew

No comments: