Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Daily Thoughts 10/1/2013

Daily Thoughts 10/1/2013

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library. I also checked the displays and the gift books. I spent a little time weeding in the oversize books. I also did a little bit of work preparing for programs. I worked on the rough drafts for two flyers and sent them in to have the graphic designer redo them.

I am preparing for a little more discussion of the different digital media services which we have on Friday.

The Computer Lab is open from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. today. I have been sending people there for print jobs and looking up email. We also have two computer classes tonight, a Microsoft Word class, and a Fundamentals of Computer Operations class.

Web Bits

IMLS, NARA, and Library of Congress Closed During Government Shutdown. http://lj.libraryjournal.com/2013/09/funding/dc-mayor-declares-libraries-essential-will-stay-open-if-government-shuts-down/

The Government Shut Down and Libraries. http://www.americanlibrariesmagazine.org/article/government-shutdown-and-libraries

No comments: