Monday, March 3, 2014

Daily Thoughts 03/03/2014


Daily Thoughts 03/03/2014

This morning, I read a little bit of Learning To Breathe My Yearlong Quest to Bring Calm to My Life by Priscilla Warner.  It is about a person with lots of anxiety and panic seeking to calm herself down with meditation.

I checked the Facebook and Twitter for the library this morning.  I also checked the displays and the gift books.  I put a few books on Amelia Earhart in the Women's History month display.  I did a bit of ordering this morning for patron requests and bestsellers.  I put some Advanced Reading Copies in the staff room for people to look at.

Library Journal sent me a nice set of Advanced Reading Copies today, along with folder of comics from DC Vertigo, titles like Coffin Hill, Trillium, and FBP Federal Bureau of Physics.  It was a nice set of ARCs, The Word Exchange by Alena Graedon, The Quick by Warren Owen, The Garden of Burning Sand by Corban Addison, How To Succeed in Business Without Really Crying by Carol Leifer, The Word Exchange by Alena Graedon, A Family Affair by Fern Michaels which looks like a bestseller in the making, One More Thing by B.J. Novack, The Reading Circle by Ashton Lee, Sergeant Stubby by Ann Bausum which is nonfiction about World War I, Magnolia City by Duncan W. Anderson, and The Book of Unknown Americans by Cristina Henriquez.  The book which immediately caught my attention was The Good Spy the Life and Death of Robert Ames by Kai Bird.

I did a bit more weeding and shifting in the oversize books.

I have a copy of the New York Times Bestseller list to read and the Baker and Taylor Forecast.

Web Bits

April 5 and 6 is the MOCCA Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art Festival.  It is $5 to get in an incredibly good deal if you like comics or alternative comics.  MOCCA is now under the Society of Illustrators.  This is worth it.  It fills up quickly.

http://www.societyillustrators.org/Mocca_Event.aspx?id=9404

No comments: