Friday, March 14, 2014

Daily Thoughts 03/14/2014

 An 1886 Paris portrait bust of Victor Hugo by the famed French sculptor, Auguste Rodin in the Gulbenkian Museum.

Daily Thoughts 03/14/2014

I spent a little time checking the Twitter and Facebook for the library.  I also checked the displays. I did a little updating to Bookletters. I also did a little bit of weeding for the oversize books.  Next week I am meeting with Overdrive to discuss their streaming product on Thursday.

I read a copy of Library Journal and drank some tea at my desk.  While I was looking through the patron requests for books on meditation, I found out that Russell Simmons has a new book, Success Through Stillness: Meditation Made Simple.  I find it intriguing that he would write this book.

Web Bits


From Distant Admirers to Library Lovers and Beyond

Turns Out Most Engaged Library Users are Biggest Tech Users
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/study-finds-public-libraries-vital-part-american-culture/

No comments: