Friday, March 28, 2014

Daily Thoughts 03/28/2014

Bernard Van Orley, Portrait of Georg Zellie, 1519

Daily Thoughts 03/28/2014

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.  I also checked the displays.  I printed some flyers and emptied some of the display cases.  I have to put in some poetry books in the display cases tomorrow. I am showing a film tomorrow, Slavery by Another Name at 2:00 p.m.

We had a management meeting this morning.  We also had a special meeting in the afternoon where we discussed the coming budget vote for the library.  There were a lot of people including staff, patrons, and the Friends of the Library.  We discussed things like mailings, phone calls, emails, and posters to support the library budget vote and vote for the trustees.

I spent some time thinking about the oversize books.

Web Bits

Code Academies Caught In the Government Sausage Factory
http://www.impactlab.net/2014/03/25/code-academies-caught-in-the-government-sausage-factory/
I find this interesting because I learned some of the basics from http://codecademy.com for HTML and CSS for free.  However, I basically hit a brick wall when I tried to do Javascript.

No comments: