Monday, August 4, 2014

Daily Thoughts 08/04/2014

Painting depicting a lecture in a knight academy, painted for Rosenborg Castle as part of a series of seven paintings depicting the seven independent arts. This painting illustrates Rhetorics. Peter Isaacsz or Reinhold Timm, 1620s.

Daily Thoughts 08/04/2014

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I also checked the gifts and the displays this morning. I placed my weekly order for new books.

I wrote the monthly reports today.  I will be working on the statistics for July tomorrow.

Two books came in for me to read Born Reading Bringing Up Bookworms in a Digital Age-- From Picture Books to eBooks and Everything In Between by Jason Boog.  Jason Boog wrote for Galleycat.  Also, the book, I Forgot to Remember A Memoir of Amnesia by Su Meck with Daniel de Vise came in.  This is for the Brown Bag Nonfiction Book Club which meets on August 19, 2014 from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.

I spent some time planning computer classes for September and October.  I also spent some time talking about classes for the staff.  Our computer technician is teaching a Gmail class for the staff on Friday, August 8 and Friday, August 22 which should be helpful.

I also talked with a colleague about programming in September and October.  I like looking at the Programming Librarian Events and Celebrations Calendar to plan ahead.  http://programminglibrarian.org/library/events-celebrations#.U-AB-FVdVqU

We had a meeting of the Grants Committee this afternoon.  We discussed different grants that we might apply to.  One of us is going to Yonkers Public Library to look at grants.  They are a Foundation Center partner.  http://www.ypl.org/grantsandfoundations

I started reading I Forgot to Remember.  The book opens with the author being hit in the head by a ceiling fan and suffering traumatic brain injury which makes her forget nearly everything.

Web Bits


Can Google Build A Typeface to Support Every Written Language

62 of the Worlds Most Beautiful Libraries

No comments: