Thursday, August 14, 2014

Daily Thoughts 08/14/2014

Imperial Library [Rio de Janeiro, RJ: project, façade] 1841

Daily Thoughts 08/14/2014

This morning, I read some more of Wired for Story.  I am reading about inner conflict and how the main character should be between a rock and a hard place both internally in their own mind and externally.

I read the comic book version of Falling Skies which is a prequel to the television show.  It gave some back story to how the aliens invaded.  It also described how the resistance was formed against the alien invaders.  I find reading science fiction relaxing.

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.  I also checked the displays and the gift books.  In addition, I am continuing to work on the section of books on Africa.

I did an orientation for an on call librarian today.  I have one more person to interview for the part-time computer clerk position.

We are going to have a poetry series Starting in September with a local poet who is going to teach 12 two hour workshops.  Registration is required.

The library showed the film, Murder on the Orient Express starring David Suchet in the community room.

There is a computer class tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Microsoft Excel in the Computer Lab.

I spent a little time working on the survey.  I also spent some more time on the Adult Summer Reading program.  The finale is on August 21, 2014 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m..  Cookie Thomas will be playing jazz.

Web Bits


MacMillan’s Full Catalog of Ebooks Now Available to Public Libraries

No comments: