Thursday, August 21, 2014

Daily Thoughts 08/21/2014


Daily Thoughts 08/21/2014

I read some more of No Place to Hide.  I learned that Edward Snowden basically turned himself into a martyr by purposefully not hiding who he was and how he got the documents from the NSA.  This makes the account even more interesting.

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook page.  I checked the displays and the gift books this morning. 
I also checked on the computer lab and placed holds on the book, The Warmth of Other Suns: the Epic Story of America's Great Migration by Isabel Wilkerson which will be the book for the next book club meeting. 

I put together an order for Learning Express  LLC books.  They are offering a special discount of 55% for libraries.

We got a nice donation of African American nonfiction books.  They look to be in excellent condition.

Tonight is the Cookie Thomas event.  There is going to be a raffle, music, and food.  It is the final celebration for Adult Summer Reading from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m..

Web Bits



What Will Become of the Library?  How They’ll Evolve for the Digital Age

No comments: