Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Daily Thoughts 08/06/2014

Franz Wulfhagen, Portrait of the Dutch Philosopher Baruch Spinoza, 1664

Daily Thoughts 08/06/2014

This morning, I read some more of I Forgot to Remember.  The book is interesting because it includes a lot of information about how memory works in addition to some discussion about the different types of amnesia both psychological and physical.

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.  I also checked the displays and the gift books.  We got a group request for the book, David versus Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell.

I spent some time discussing the September through December programming for adults.  We are discussing having Wendi Coursi Staub and Linda Fairstein coming to the library for author visits.  We also discussed displays and community outreach.  I have to get a little more information from the computer class teachers.

The book, Cod A Biography of the Fish That Changed the World by Mark Kurlansky came in for me to read.  It should be interesting.  I started reading it on the way home.  The book has a lot of detail in it.  The author puts a lot of facts into his writing.

I also read some more of I Forgot to Remember  Su Meck is describing how when she first had amnesia she could barely remember how to do anything from what was in the kitchen, to who her friends were, who her husband was, and the little details of ordinary life.


Web Bits

Technology Driving New Hewitt Library Design
http://www.wacotrib.com/news/greater_waco/hewitt/technology-driving-new-hewitt-library-design/article_af581c5e-1ee7-50d4-8612-3c4995d8c966.html

Libraries are Online and In Real Life
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/harford/aegis/opinion/ph-ag-edit-libraries-0730-20140730,0,4191520.story

No comments: