Sunday, August 10, 2014

Daily Thoughts 08/10/2014

Newspaper with Coffee Mill, Juan Gris, 1915

Daily Thoughts 08/10/2014

I checked the Twitter and Facebook pages for the library.

I started reading Marina A Gothic Tale by Carlos Ruiz Zafon  which is a teen novel.  It has already made two references German, which I think is related to St. Germain and and a cat named Kafka.  Already, there is woman in a black velvet cloak, a rose, a watch, a graveyard, and a black butterfly symbol, all classic gothic motifs.   I liked The Shadow of the Wind and The Angels Game also by Carlos Ruiz Zafon.

I watched Digital Literacy: Libaries Respond to Communities.  There were two websites of interest in the class http://www.gcflearnfree.org GCF Learn Free and http://www.digitallearn.org Digital Learn which is a PLA (Public Library Association) initiative.

I was at the mall today.  I went to Barnes and Noble.  There were two books that caught my attention, Sons of Wichita, How the Koch Brothers Became America's Most Powerful and Private Dynasty by Daniel Schulman  and  Trial by Fire by Richard F. Gannon which is science fiction.  I read the first book in Richard F. Gannon's series Fire with Fire.

Web Bits



Superintelligence by Nick Bostrum and a Rough Ride and A Rough Ride to the Future by James Lovelock

The Best Short Books You’ll Ever Read

If You Like ‘Downtown Abbey’ You’ll Love These Books

Affordable 3D Printers Are Revolutionizing the World of Product Development

No comments: